An Annual Tradition Started by Paramhansa Yogananda
Every Christmas Season, Ananda around the globe holds an all-day meditation on the 23rd of December. Just as Yogananda did years ago. Keeping the tradition alive with Devotees around the world, we have an 8-hour meditation to inspire a deep sense of Christ-Consciousness to hold the light and open our hearts to the beauty and joy of this season.
Times for the All-Day Meditation: 8am–4pm, come earlier for Yoga Postures
Location: Ananda Temple Sanctuary
General Schedule of the Day
7:30–8am Energization Excercises (on your own) & settling in
8am Opening Prayer, Reading, Chant, Meditation
9–11am Chants & Reading, Meditation
11am–12pm Chants & Reading, Meditation
12–1pm Chants & Reading, Meditation
1–1:15 Brief Break (1-1:15)
1:15–2:45pm Chants & Reading, Meditation
2:45–3:50 Chants, Reading, Music, Silence, Meditation
3:50–4pm Healing Prayers and Closing
Things to Be Mindful of:
- During Chanting people can come and go from the Sanctuary.
- The Sanctuary Doors will be closed at meditation times.
- If you need to leave the sanctuary at anytime, that’s fine, but you’ll need to wait until next break to re-enter.
- If you come late, you can meditate in Clarity room until next break, then you can enter the Sanctuary.
- Please don’t wear any clothing that makes noise.
- Please feel free to use your own meditation gear. If you borrow from the Yoga/Clarity Room, please return it as you found it.
- Please bring water in water bottles.