- This event has passed.
You Can Learn to Meditate
You can experience the benefits of meditation in your life—inner peace, health, and spiritual awakening. Ananda is one of the oldest and largest centers for meditation classes and training. Thousands of people from every walk of life have learned to meditate in Ananda meditation classes over the past forty years.
Or maybe you already have a meditation practice? Maybe it’s just a bit dusty? This meditation series is also a great way to reignite your meditation practice. This 3-class series is offered each month on Tuesday evenings at 7–9pm.
Through some easy-to-learn techniques and tips, you will create a meditation practice that will help you to achieve lasting calmness. Further, you will be able to concentrate more effectively, increase your self-confidence, and become more solution-oriented.
What Each Class Includes
Each class will include instruction and then practice of techniques. There will also be time for Q&A.
- Preparing for Meditation: Energizing and relaxing the body to create readiness.
- Meditation technique: Learn this technique of deep concentration.
- Awareness techniques: Using yoga postures for directing energy flow.
- Meditation posture: How you sit can make all the difference.
- Basic how to’s: Where and when, and how long to meditate.
- Keeping a regular practice and carrying meditation into daily life.