The next AYTT program is to be scheduled. Please contact us if you are interested and we will give you details and contact you when a schedule is available.
Ananda Yoga in Portland is presented by teachers who have been trained in the disciplines of Yoga through the spiritual lineage of Paramhansa Yogananda and his direct disciple, Swami Kriyananda. Yoga, ultimately, is designed to bring us increasingly into the experience of the divine presence within us, having a direct link to a spiritually realized master is not only beneficial, it is essential.
Go beyond physical exercise into the deeper realms of yoga. It’s a life-changing experience — for both you and your students — as you experience Ananda’s unique, integrated approach to working directly with the body’s subtle energies for spiritual growth and wellness on all levels.
A Dynamic Professional Training
Ananda’s is the only yoga teacher certification in the highly regarded yoga tradition of Paramhansa Yogananda. We’ve spent more than 30 years making it into a first-rate expression of that tradition — a dynamic blend of professional training and personal growth. Ananda helped found Yoga Alliance, the non-profit group that established national standards for yoga teacher training.
Go Deep in Your Practice
You’ll explore powerful practices such as classical yoga meditation techniques and Yogananda’s renowned Energization Exercises. You’ll also learn to teach a broad spectrum of yoga practices including:
- 30 asanas, including how to draw their spiritual benefits
- Asana mechanics, cautions, and how to adapt asanas for limitations
- How to work directly with the body’s subtle energy, including the chakras and kundalini
- Classical pranayama (yoga breathing techniques)
Go Beyond Techniques
This comprehensive curriculum also includes:
- Yoga philosophy, including Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and more
- Yoga lifestyle, including yogic diet and magnetic living
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
Become a Magnetic Teacher
- Practice teaching for groups and one-to-one
- How to assist and adjust students in the asanas
- Guidance on how to refine your teaching, including a video recording session and personal teaching reviews
- How to plan a class: structure and sequence; your own teaching style; marketing
Register with Yoga Alliance
Graduates can become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT 200) with Yoga Alliance, the national yoga teacher certification standard in the United States. This designation will enhance your credibility as a teacher.