Developed by Swami Kriyananda, this course is the most comprehensive study of yogic teachings offered by Ananda.
Classes include energization exercises, meditation techniques, asanas, pranayam, chanting, yoga philosophy, and group discussion. Topics include health and healing practices, energy, magnetism, devotion, stress reduction, balanced living, intuition, divine guidance, affirmations, spiritual anatomy and living the yogic lifestyle in the modern age. (Click here for details.)
This course is one of the requirements for initiation into Kriya Yoga and includes instruction in two techniques in the path of Kriya. More than a lecture series, this is an immersion course in the ancient teachings of yoga which are relevant and practical today.
Students learn and practice together, share meals, and discover the treasures of an inner life. If you have taken the course previously, we encourage you to come again and experience The Art and Science of Raja Yoga in 2019.
Classes are led by Ananda teachers with decades of experience, including Daiva and Gangamata Glazzard, Surendra Conti, Lorna Knox, Byasa Steinmetz, Dambara Begley, David Eby, Hanuman Baughman, Madhavi Eby, and yoga teachers Melissa Heart, Laurie Chadwick, and Sharon Kelly.
The course consists of fourteen 4-hour classes over 10 weeks. It is offered twice each year, in spring and fall.
You must be registered in advance. No drop-ins for single classes only.
Special rates for registering early and for returning students.
GENERAL CLASS schedule
1 hr 30 min of energization exercises, yoga postures, pranayama and meditation.
30 min of a shared vegetarian meal.
1 hr 30 min of applied philosophy and discussion + 15 min wrap-up.
Most classes are on Tuesday evenings from 5:45-9:15 pm.
There are also two Saturday classes & one Sunday morning class from 9am-12:45 pm.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
The course fee is $395 with a 10% discount available when payment is made more than two weeks in advance. The course book – The Art and Science of Raja Yoga – and all course materials are included.
Payment plans are available. Please contact us to inquire: 503-626-3403 or email@example.com
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- Yama Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- Niyama Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.