- This event has passed.
A rare opportunity to participate in a world renowned Sharing Nature Program right here in Portland.
Sharing Nature is a worldwide movement dedicated to helping people of all ages deepen their relationship with nature.
Learn highly effective ways to connect your students to nature with one of the planet’s most widely respected and beloved nature education programs, used by millions of people since 1979.
Greg Sundara Traymar is the International Director of Sharing Nature Worldwide. Greg has spent years training with Joseph Cornell and has trained thousands of people around the world in Sharing Nature techniques. Learn more about Greg.
Sharing Nature trainings incorporate the latest research on play theory and why play is integral to profound learning. Our play-centered nature awareness games and methods create a dynamic atmosphere for learning new ideas and embracing new experiences, leading participants seamlessly into a greater appreciation for the natural world.
During our time together, you’ll learn innovative methods for sharing with others; immerse yourself in nature’s healing influences; and “actually experience what it’s like to be a part of the natural world.” At the conclusion of this training, you will have the tools and inspiration needed to make outdoor learning fun, dynamic, experiential, and deeply meaningful.
What You Will Learn
Our proven methods stimulate the mind and touch the heart. During our trainings you will learn:
- Prize-winning nature activities that make ecological concepts come alive
- Flow Learning™: Sharing Nature’s outdoor teaching strategy that gently, almost magically, guides others to uplifting nature experiences
- Deep Nature Play principles for multifaceted learning
- Journey to the Heart of Nature stewardship activities
- Forest therapy exercises that teach us about trees (and ourselves) through forest science, kinesthetic awareness, guided imagery, deep listening, immersion and self-expansion, stillness, love, music, and creative expression
- Sharing Nature wellness experiences for personal renewal and inspiration
Who is this training for?
This training is for educators, naturalists, parents, or anyone who wants to experience nature more deeply.
Where is this workshop happening?
Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District
15655 SW Millikan Way
Beaverton, Oregon 97003
We will spend most of the day outdoors, please dreass accordingly.
Please bring water, a bag lunch and snacks for yourself.
The workshop begins at 9 am and ends at 4.
Please arrive by 8:30 am for registration and instructions.
We understand that things come up and you may not be able to make it. Should you need to cancel before Feb 28th, you will be refunded your full amount less 3% for a processing fee.
On March 1st up to March 12th, refunds will be 50% of your full amount less a 3% processing fee.