- This event has passed.
The Art and Science of Raja Yoga – Spring 2020 Course
February 4 @ 5:45 pm - 9:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:45 pm on Tuesday, repeating until April 7, 2020
One event on February 8, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on February 29, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on March 21, 2020 at 9:00 am
NOTE: This series begins Feb. 4. Registration must be received by 3pm on the day of the first class. Questions? Contact us at 503-626-3403 or email@example.com.
Developed by Swami Kriyananda, this course is the most comprehensive study of yogic teachings offered by Ananda.
Classes include energization exercises, meditation techniques, asanas, pranayam, chanting, yoga philosophy, and group discussion. Topics include health and healing practices, energy, magnetism, devotion, stress reduction, balanced living, intuition, divine guidance, affirmations, spiritual anatomy and living the yogic lifestyle in the modern age. (Click here for details.)
This course is one of the requirements for initiation into Kriya Yoga and includes instruction in two techniques in the path of Kriya. More than a lecture series, this is an immersion course in the ancient teachings of yoga which are relevant and practical today.
Students learn and practice together, share meals, and discover the treasures of an inner life. If you have taken the course previously, we encourage you to come again and experience The Art and Science of Raja Yoga in 2020.
Classes are led by Ananda teachers with decades of experience, including Surendra Conti, Lorna Knox, Byasa Steinmetz, Hanuman Baughman, Santosh LaMarche, David Eby, Madhavi Eby, and Michael Fellows; and yoga teachers Melissa Heart, Laurie Chadwick, Maitri Brown, Becca Pronchick, and Sharon Kelly.
The course consists of thirteen 4-hour classes over 10 weeks. It is offered twice each year, in spring and fall.
Recommended: Completion of a Learn to Meditate class series or workshop.
You must be registered in advance. No drop-ins for single classes only.
Special rates for registering early and for returning students.
GENERAL CLASS schedule
1 hr 30 min of energization exercises, yoga postures, pranayama and meditation.
30 min of a shared vegetarian meal.
1 hr 30 min of applied philosophy and discussion + 15 min wrap-up.
Most classes are on Tuesday evenings from 5:45-9:15 pm.
There are also three Saturday classes, all from 9am-12:45 pm.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
The course fee is $395 with a 10% discount available when payment is made more than two weeks in advance. The course book – The Art and Science of Raja Yoga – and all course materials are included.
Payment plans are available. Please contact us to inquire: 503-626-3403 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- Yama Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- Niyama Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.