ABOUT THIS COURSE
The Art and Science of Raja Yoga is Ananda Portland’s flagship course. Included are fourteen 4-hour sessions, offering a fully immersive experience in the ancient wisdom, techniques and practices of this timeless, raja (royal) way of life. Discover proven tools to awaken your highest potential. This course is also part of the path of Kriya Yoga, as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda. Topics include:
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- Yama Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- Niyama Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.
Tuesday, Sept 11 – 5:45-9:15pm
Saturday, Sept 15, – 9:00am-12:30pm
Tuesday, Sept 18 – 5:45-9:15pm
Tuesday, Sept 25 – 5:45-9:15pm
Saturday, Sept 29 – 9:00am-12:45pm
Tuesday, Oct 2 –5:45-9:15pm
Tuesday, Oct 9 – 5:45-9:15pm
Tuesday, Oct 16 – 5:45-9:15pm
Saturday, Oct 20 – 9:00am-12:45pm
Tuesday, Oct 23 – 5:45-9:15pm
Sunday, Oct 28 – 9:00am-12:45pm
Tuesday, Oct 30 – 5:45-9:15pm
Tuesday, Nov 6 – 5:45-9:15pm
Tuesday, Nov 13 – 5:45-9:15pm
Course fee: $395 for new students, which includes the cost of the book.
Only $100 if you have taken the complete course previously and wish to take it again (book not included). Repeating students can also take the Philosophy section only for $50.