ABOUT THIS COURSE
September 2023 – Ananda Portland is partnering with Ananda Washington to offer this course through Ananda Washington, in-person (at the Blue Lotus Temple in Bothell) and online through Zoom. We enjoyed this partnership for the last course and are happy to offer the opportunity again.
Open House – an introduction to the course, and a Q & A with the instructors will be live streamed from Ananda Washington and all are invited to attend online.
Date: Sunday, August 27 @ 11:45 AM
View the live stream at the Portland Temple and take part in the Q & A or watch from your home.
Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85090697385
Instructors: Murali Venkatrao PhD, E-RYT500, YACEP
Sita Tocco, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, YACEP
Please call us with any questions regarding the Raja Yoga course or the Path of Kriya Yoga. 503-626-3403
The Art and Science of Raja Yoga is Step 2 on the Path to Kriya Yoga. This is a comprehensive course in the subtle science of yoga and the tools and techniques that will change your life as you live the teachings every day.
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- Yama Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- Niyama Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.
- Health, Healing and Diet as parts of the Yogic Lifestyle
- Hatha Yoga / Asanas How the physical aspects of yoga are just a hint of the deep and subtle teachings that transform our consciousness.
Ananda Yoga® is based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and the ancient practices of the east. Ananda Yoga® is safe, gentle and energizing for all bodies. It is also a spiritual practice that goes beyond the physical. The use of uplifting and truthful affirmations, the emphasis on consciousness as well as strength, energy flow and the spine, all help the practice to be spiritually beneficial and connects us with our highest inner Self.
Meditation is the core of yoga and Raja Yoga is a path of meditation and awakening inner awareness. This course will introduce the student to the power and practice of meditation as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda and his direct disciple, Swami Kriyananda.