ABOUT THIS COURSE
The Art and Science of Raja Yoga is Ananda Portland’s flagship course. Included are fourteen 4-hour sessions, offering a fully immersive experience in the ancient wisdom, techniques and practices of this timeless, raja (royal) way of life. Discover proven tools to awaken your highest potential. This course is also part of the path of Kriya Yoga, as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda. Topics include:
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- Yama Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- Niyama Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.
Class #1: Tuesday, February 5th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #2: Saturday, February 9th, 9:00am–12:45pm
Class #3: Tuesday, February 12th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #4: Tuesday, February 19th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #5: Tuesday, February 26th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #6: Saturday, March 2nd, 9:00am–12:45pm
Class #7: Tuesday, March 5th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #8: Tuesday, March 12th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #9: Tuesday, March 19th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #10: Tuesday, March 26th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #11: Sunday, March 31st, 9:00am–12:45pm
Class #12: Tuesday, April 2nd, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #13: Tuesday, April 9th, 5:45–9:15pm
Class #14: Tuesday, April 16th, 5:45–9:15pm
Course fee: $395 for new students, which includes the cost of the book.
Only $100 if you have taken the complete course previously and wish to take it again (book not included). Repeating students can also take the Philosophy section only for $50.