The 8 hour Christmas meditation is a tradition started by Paramhansa Yogananda after he came to America. Celebrate the deepest awakening of the Christ consciousness within by practicing stillness during this holy season.
The day will include periods of silent meditation as well as brief periods of chanting and music and readings. Light snacks will be provided.
All are welcome to come for the day, or part of the day.
A schedule for the day will be posted.
Tips for getting the most out of this special opportunity:
- Eat lightly
- Dress comfortably, with layers for warmth. The room will be kept cool.
- Clothes should be “quiet”, use a water bottle that is silent opening and closing
- Bring your own meditation gear; some blankets will be available.
- Use headphones or earplugs to block out noise.
- Stay home if you have a cough or cold please.
- Enter and leave the sanctuary during chanting breaks only.
- Try to keep the day for inward activities before and after the meditation.